The Virtual Classroom for Junior Individuals
Learn English in a fun and interactive online classroom with Oxford International Juniors. Our virtual classroom offers individual students aged 8-17 the opportunity to study 1:1 with an accredited EFL teacher.
THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
- Choose your day, time and length of study
- Individual, personalised 1:1 tuition
- Choose your own study plan or complete a whole coursebook in 2 or 6 weeks
- Pre-course placement test and needs analysis available
- Interactive lessons with fully qualified, experienced, native speaker teachers
- Complementary homework if required
- Online Oxford International Certificate on completion of course
Study options available:
- The intensive course option follows a strict timetable of 20 hours over 2 weeks
- Available for additional tuition for students who are preparing for an exam in their home county, or looking for short term study.
- This intensity will provide a language boost supporting students to achieve their language goals over a short period of time.
- Over the 20 hour tutor-led sessions (2-weeks) students will complete 1 of our Junior Digi-books.
- The semi-intensive option is designed for more long-term study and stable language development and progression.
- Students complete 1 Junior Digi-book across 6 weeks taking a total of 18 hours tutor-led classes.
- We highly recommend this option to students looking to significantly improve their English in the long run with the intensity of the course being designed to serve as extracurricular sessions alongside a student’s already busy school life.
• 1:1 tuition
• Flexible learning – choose your time and days
• 75% tutor-led : 25% self-guided study
• Oxford International Digital course book for each level
• Personalised certificate & report card on course completion
Dates available: Year-round
Recommended age range: 8-17 year-olds
English Levels available: A1 to C2
Optional Individual Tuition Sessions:
- One-on-One sessions with a student
- Taught by a qualified and experienced EFL Teacher
Teenagers are interested in a wide range of topics which are relevant to their lives, interests and development. Our aim is to provide engaging and encouraging lessons so students feel more confident. Our lessons are divided into two categories: Language Study and Language for Life.
Language Study focuses on the building blocks of the English language and aims to build students’ communicative competence by refreshing the knowledge they have, enlarging their vocabulary, and putting it into practice in real world contexts and engaging activities.
Language for Life aims to develop transferable skills that will benefit students outside the classroom. These lessons integrate a variety of topics ranging from work skills to numeracy, citizenship, cultural awareness and creative skills. In our weekly Review Lesson students recycle new language in the format of a Conversation Club (structure dependent on levels and ability). Projects focus on co-operation and creativity.
All teaching and learning materials for our courses are designed in-house by our Oxford International academic team. We cater to a variety of age groups, so in addition to our standard teenage syllabus, we also provide a syllabus tailored to young learners specifically. The content and design of the materials is informed by student and teacher focus groups. We frequently revise our syllabus to ensure that the next edition of course books are fresh and relevant to the students’ needs.
The great thing about our Virtual Classroom is it doesn’t take much to participate, you can even join on your smartphone. We do, however, recommend that all students have access to the following:
- Laptop with webcam & audio capabilities or modern smartphone
- Reliable Internet connection
How to apply for The Virtual Classroom
Start by emailing email@example.com, complete the registration form and the needs analysis form. Our Admissions team will review your details and come back to you to confirm availability and prices on your chosen dates. From here you’ll receive your Virtual Classroom Welcome Pack and confirmed Individual Lesson Timetable, so you can join your online class and start learning!