World English Experience
World English Experience
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Improve your English fluency and comprehension
Develop creative and presentation skills
Build knowledge & understanding of other cultures
Competitors will interact and network with fellow students from other countries and cultures
About the programme
- Available for 1 or 2 weeks over the Easter period, and Summer for 2021 only.
- 30 hours of English language lessons
- 14 nights full-board shared accommodation
- Return transfers from London airports
- Three extended London excursions by train
- One full-day excursion to Oxford
- One full-day excursion to Brighton
- Rich on-site activity programme to encourage use of English and nationality mix
- Enhanced group leader programme including six-hour teacher training course
- Special on-site programme for young learners
Until next competition
Each group enters the competitions as a collective team
Each competition is scored and points are awarded to winning team
Points accumulate throughout the programme to determine the top two teams
The top two teams of the group stage to determine an overall winner.
Scoring & Prizes
Points are awarded to teams throughout the two-week competition.
FINAL & PRIZES
The top two teams qualify to play off in the final to determine an overall winner, however, there are other prizes available, including audience awards, individual achievements and the popular fair play award, voted for by the group leaders to the school felt to most represent the values of the WEE programme.
To complement the academic programme we conduct an extensive activity and excursion programme. Within a two-week programme students get to take in the sites of England including; three extended excursions to London, a full day excursion to Oxford and a full day excursion to Brighton.
London, Oxford & Brighton
Big Ben & the UK Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London, Westminster Abbey
The British Museum, The National Gallery
Oxford University, Brighton Beach, The Royal Pavilion, The London Eye, Tower Bridge
Unnamed Road, Ardingly, Haywards Heath RH17 6SQ, UK
Greenwood Cottage, Cranbrook Rd, Benenden, Cranbrook TN17 4AA, UK
Bradfield College, Bradfield, Reading RG7, UK
Christ's Hospital School
The Avenue, Horsham RH13, UK
5 Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London WC2N 5NJ, UK
100 Market St, Oxford OX1 3DY, UK
31 Meeting House Ln, Brighton BN1 1HB, UK
London Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3, Wellington Rd, Middlesex, Longford, Hounslow TW6 1JH, UK
South Terminal, Perimeter Rd E, Horley, Gatwick RH6 0NP, UK
Stansted Airport, Bassingbourn Rd, Stansted CM24 1QW, UK
Location & Dates
The World English Experience is hosted at Christ’s Hospital in Horsham, one of our most popular centres.
- Dining hall with new kitchen and servery opening in 2020
- Sports facilities including a swimming pool, sports hall and 3G pitches
- Shared accommodation (split by gender)
- 10 traditional boarding houses
- Lounge area in each house for students to relax
Rail: Train station on campus with direct trains to Horsham and London every 30 mins
Bus: There is a direct bus to Horsham from outside the school on Bluecoat Pond Road. The numbers 74, 74A & 75 take less than 10 minutes to Horsham.
Eligibility & Registration
GET THE EXPERIENCE
Groups who wish to join the World English Experience can register their interest and will receive a set of guidelines from September 2019. These guidelines detail each competition and tips for preparing students before arrival.
Please complete the registration form and return it to your local representative. To enter the competition, schools must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be between 8 and 17 years of age
One of our academic team will be happy to arrange a Skype call to discuss the programme with you in detail prior to enrolling to ensure you are ready to join the programme.Enquire