10 - 17 years
15 contact hours per week
Groups & Individuals
Residential & Homestay
65 max beds per week
- Excursions to Natural History Museum, downtown Halifax tour, and Atlantic Splash Adventure waterpark
- Experience one of Canada’s most historic cities
- Located at Dalhousie University
- Access to some of Canada’s best national parks and historic sites
- English levels: Elementary – Proficiency (programme can be adjusted to lower English levels)
- Average class size: 16
- 3 full-day excursions*
*In a two-week programme
For a supplement, you can add an IELTS test to your programme here which is held at the downtown Oxford International language school. Please inform us at least six weeks in advance when making your booking.
Oxford International Junior Programmes understands that occasionally slightly young/older siblings or friends may wish to come in a group. Oxford International Junior Programmes reserves the right to accept students who are slightly younger or older than the advertised minimum/maximum age. These exceptional requests must be approved by our admissions team in advance. Appropriate welfare and safety provisions will apply.Download Factsheet
- Indoor and outdoor spaces for interactive activities including conversation classes, international evenings, discos and more.
- The residence building includes common areas and floor lounges equipped with kitchenettes and cable TV. Laundry facilities also located on-site
- Homestay: Qualified and welcoming families provide students with twin rooms. Single room accommodation can be arranged upon request, subject to availability. Homestay programmes full-board by default; includes breakfast, packed lunches, and dinner.
- Residence: Double rooms with shared washroom facilities. Limited single rooms, pending availability.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport: 30 mins
Groups are met at the airport by a staff member who will escort you back to the campus.
- Public Transport: Tickets are provided for all journeys.
Point Pleasant Park
point pleasant park
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
Halifax Shopping Centre
halifax shopping centre
|Day 2||Placement Test and Introduction||Campus Tour and Icebreakers||Welcome Activity|
|Day 3||Lesson||Halifax Citadel National Historic Site||On-site Activities|
|Day 4||Lesson||Downtown Halifax Walking Tour||Workshops|
|Day 5||Lesson||Museum of Natural History||Capture the Flag|
|Day 6||Lesson||Onsite Activities||Team Challenges|
|Day 7||Full-day excursion to Atlantic Splash Adventure||Full-day excursion to Atlantic Splash Adventure||Onsite Activities|
|Day 8||Full-day excursion to Crystal Crescent Beach and Nature||Full-day excursion to Crystal Crescent Beach and Nature||Chill Club|
|Day 9||Lessons||Onsite Actvities||Talent Show|
|Day 10||Lessons||The Discovery Centre||Onsite Activities|
|Day 11||Lessons||Downtown Halifax Shopping and Waterfront||Workshops|
|Day 12||Lessons||Get Air! Trampoline Park||Soccer Tournament|
|Day 13||Lessons||Onsite Activities||Team Challenge|
|Day 14||Full-day Excursion to Rainbow Haven Beach||Full-day Excursion to Rainbow Haven Beach||Farewell Disco|